By: Ashtun Welling
Have you ever wanted to be creative and make your own party decorations? If you desire to spook up your castle without spending a bunch of money, here are some quick and easy ideas to get you started.
Floating witch hat luminaries
- You’ll need: LED light stick, safety pin, and OutDoor Command Hooks.
- After you’ve figured out where you’d like the witch hat to hang, attach one command hook to the ceiling in each spot.
- String about 2-3 feet of fishing line onto the needle. Feed the needle through the fishing line through to the interior of the hat, but leave it on the outside of the hat. So that you have some line to hang your witch hat.
- Remove the needle and tie the fishing line around the safety pin to attach a light stick. It can be LED or the temporary kind, just make sure it’s light weight. If the stick is too heavy it can affect your witch hat.
- Now just tie a loop on the top of the hat and hang it on the command hook. They look great indoors as well.
Glow in the dark Pumpkins
- You’ll need: Plastic Pumpkins, and Tulip Glow-in-the-Dark paint.
You can have a real pumpkin if you want, if you don’t plan on carving them. I chose plastic because a plastic one you could keep it for as long as you’d like.
- So grab your paint and start drawing on your pumpkin. The design it completely up to you.
- Grab your next color and start adding it right along your first color. Just remember to leave some white spaces to add some negative space. So your pumpkin isn’t overpowering.
- Keep drawing until your masterpiece if complete. If you have a black light test out your pumpkin if not wait until nightfall. Enjoy your Jack-o-glow.