By: Lilly Sayre
The time for prom proposals is upon us! Everyone in school is preparing for one of the biggest dances of the year. Here are some ideas to help you ask that someone special to spend an evening together that you’ll never forget.
Prom Proposal Signs
Signs are one of the cheapest and easiest ways to ask your hopefully prom partner. Remember to still be creative and make it a moment they will never forget!
· Use a dark poster board with some scattered stars, and add the phrase “Star light, star bright, I wish you may, I wish you might, be my date on prom night!”
· With a blue poster add some hand drawn fish and write, “Out of all the fish in the sea will you go to prom with me?”
· Pick any colored poster board you’d like and draw your best pair of crocs. Jot down “If the shoe fits, will you croc my world at prom?”
· Add some picture of you and your date to a poster board with the sentence, “Prom would be picture perfect with you!”
· On a poster board spell out the words in Lego-like writing saying, “Lego to prom together?”
Sporty Prom Proposals
Tons of kids in school are sports fanatics. What better way to ask someone than with something they invest so much time in?
· For the baseball player, you can purchase a home plate and write on it, “I’m just going to throw a curveball and ask. Prom?”
· For the track or cross-country star, “run” to the store and grab a pair of shoes in their size. Write on the box “This question has been running through my head lately. Prom?”
· For the weightlifting buff, get yourself a flat circular weight and write on it “I could not “weight” any longer to ask so I’ll just do it. Prom?”
· For the basketball player get yourself a basketball and write on it “Let’s have a ball at prom together!”
· For the tennis players, buy a ton of tennis balls and use them to spell out the word “Prom?” on the court before practice.
Just Friends Proposals
Not everyone has a significant other they want to take to prom. So, what better person to go with than your best friend?
· Get the cutest teddy bear you can find, and with it make a sign with the words “You are my “beary” best friend. Prom?”
· Everyone has that person that is more like a sister, so make a sign the sentence “You don’t need a mister go to prom with your unbiological sister!”
· Another good sign to use for a best friend is one saying, “I know we don’t have dates and that’s kind of sad, but you’re my best friend and together prom won’t be so bad.”
· Get yourself a stuffed version of Olaf the snowman with a sign with the phrase, “Some friends are worth melting for. Prom?”
· Another idea with a teddy bear is a sign that says, “I could not bear to go to prom without my best friend!”
Everyone knows that group of kids that are absolutely devoted to the outdoors. Below are a few ideas for them to use during their prom proposals.
· If you don’t have any at home, go to the store and find a target. Then write on it “I’m hunting for a prom date. You game?”
· Get a few gummy worms and make a sign with “I’m hooked on asking you this question… so take the bait and be my prom date?” written on it.
· You could use a target for this one as well and write on it “Prom? Let’s give it a “shot”!”
· Go to the store and get a cheap tackle box and fill it with different kinds of gummy worms. Then write on it “I’m o-fish-ally asking you. Prom?”Go to the store and get a cheap nerf gun. Write on your sign, “I’ve been hunting for a way to ask. Prom? Yes or no.” Then let the person shoot their answer.